Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

i have just sent an email as well, and told them how DU customer service team is ignoring us for the past 3 months, and how they digged us with contracts and left us in the middle of no where, and that they didn't fulfill their promises with stable gaming experience and services, I even begged them to take actions against the unprofessional DU teach team for randomly blocking things . from now till the end of my contract I'll fight for my promised service :/
Trusted Contributor

I figured the right way to complain to TRA as per my conversation earlier with their customer service and on their website 

https://www.tra.gov.ae/en/services-and-activities/consumer-affairs/services/addressing-consumer-disp...

First we need to contact DU customer service and ask them to fix the issue which we all did but , most importantly we need to take from them the case number and then submit the case number to TRA complaint section. TRA section is very clear on consumer rights . If we don’t raise it up you might as well forget about online gaming with DU it’s broken ! 

Frequent Contributor

@ShadowQ i think this thread is considered as a case since this is an official support forums, I already had a bad customer service experience with them, even if we called them they will reply with nonsense .
Trusted Contributor

@WrongEnd agreed we called them so many times considering they keep saying we will let our tech team know but nothing happens and no follow ups or calls or any attempt to solve the issue. 

Established Member

Hi,

Im sorry to disturb you but du is blocking in game voice chats. I use a du network and i am unable to talk in any voice chats. I recently went to a friends house who was using etisalat and i was able to speak in game and hear other people. Btw my wifi is 5mb and my friends wifi is 1mb so my it cant be the fact that my wifi is bad.

Established Member

Hi,

Im sorry to disturb you but du is blocking in game voice chats. I use a du network and i am unable to talk in any voice chats. I recently went to a friends house who was using etisalat and i was able to speak in game and hear other people. Btw my wifi is 5mb and my friends wifi is 1mb so my it cant be the fact that my wifi is bad.
Established Member

Hi,

Super Contributor

TRA just called me.

So they were not really helpful, they just told me that this falls under VOIP therefore du is blocking automatically the communication.

I told them i am okay with that if at least they confirm it officially when we call them but they don't, they keep repeating that they don't block it. I also told her about the fact that gaming keeps disconnecting but she didn't have an answer for that.

I told her about Etisalat and her answer was that Etiasalt have the choice to authorize or no the VoIp and apparently they do.

Anyway it wasn't really helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Man this is really sad news.....I can do without the chat but to also break the online connection in the process , they just killed the xbox online gaming and might as well block stores form selling xbox because online  gaming will not work as where we stand to date with DU ..so sad and doesnt make any sense. 

Frequent Contributor

Well then, if possible we need to switch to Etisalat, and all of us tell du the exact reason why we are (gaming disconnects). Only money will speak now it seems.