Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Yes, I got a static IP address. It did NOT fix it. Although, for some reason, it did fix 1 or 2 games being disconnected (I can now play Battlefield 1 with zero disconnects, but I get disconnected from Raindbow Six Siege all the time). Also, voice still is garbled and blocked.

By the way, they do not give you enough instructions of how to enable the static IP address once you get it. I completely lost internet for 3 days until they had to send someone out to my house to set it up. Meanwhile I sat through that crappy Du technical support menu and crappy music at least 15 different times.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks a lot Kane am so happy I checked because I remember someone also did the static IP painfull process and he also said was a wSte of time. On top of that they want to charge 100 aed to send a technician to set it up. Someone also told me be careful you will be completely disconnected from internet until you set it up and when I mentioned to the customer service as usual clueless they said not at all sir you will have internet at all times no disruption. This is really appalling of a company to do to it this way to its customers .They did something about 3 months ago that blocked us from connecting online. They also changed the routers so we can not access it anymore to port forward for games. As I mentioned TRA said they never blocked online gaming , and a Itisalat customers are having no problem playing online. knowing we are in 21 century DU is very disappointing in addressing our complaints , very poor.

New Contributor

Exact same issue. Trying to use in game Fortnite voice chat and it's super laggy and only works randomly sometimes. I don't get any disconnects however, that's the good part. Playing games without voice chat is really inconvenient and since not all my friends are in the country either I can't just use an external app to talk to them since those are blocked as well. It's not like this is read anyway.
Super Contributor

I got the confirmation from other people that Etisalat blocks discord but not in game voice chat and Du doesn't block discord but blocks in-game voice communication ... 

They said that the only solution is to all complain to TRA beucaise In game voice chat is allowed in the UAE

Occasional Contributor

Ladies and gentelman if u are reading this please call TRA and complain about the voice chat

Thank you
Trusted Contributor

Not only voice chat they also blocking online gaming causing people to disconnect from xbox live game servers that’s a big issue and it’s been the case since almost 3months now we need to complain to TRA please 

Trusted Contributor

TRA said they never blocked gaming online or gaming chat and that was clear . Considering also Itisalat customers has no issue. Did anyone also manage to get feedback from them ? This is ridiculous that months are passing and DU is clueless and careless  so disappointing 

Trusted Contributor

Am sharing with everyone the message I got from Ubisoft team :

“Greetings Operator ,Welcome to Ubisoft Customer Support. My name is and I will be assisting you with your case. Allow me to start by apologizing for the time that I have taken to get back to you on this ticket. We are doing our best to improve our service to ensure our responses are as quick as possible. I understand this is not an ideal situation as you are not able to properly connect to Rainbow Six: Siege. There are, however, restrictions in place in some countries that hinder players from connecting to some or even all of our servers properly. Sadly we aren't in a position to be able to influence changes on these restrictions and we ask for your understanding in this matter. I wish there was more we, at Ubisoft could do for all our players in situations like yours. I appreciate that this is not the outcome you had hoped for and am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else as I will be here to help you if you need. Kind regards, Team Rainbow stands ready, Ubisoft Customer Support”

my only question is why would you ever think of blocking a game server on xbox ?... ?...wow considering that the same server is not blocked by Itisalat ! DU you are so professional at blocking xbox games , how did you even think of that , genius ! 

Frequent Contributor

that's crazy. cuz Ubistoft middle east head office is in Abu-Dhabi weird they didn't make a move to fix the issue with DU, plus can anyone link TRA with this thread ? maybe they will see how DU is slacking woth their customers, along the way someone could pass the link for consumer rights and they will definitely do something for the poor customer service . definitely my first and last year with DU, I can't wait to get back to etisalat services .
Super Contributor

Thank you for sharing Ubisoft reply. They just confirmed that du is blocking not only voice gaming but gaming with Ubisoft games, what is wrong with them seriously.

I have sent 2 or 3 emails to TRA ( info@tra.gov.ae) , explaning the issue and linking this exact thread but its been weeks with no replies Smiley Sad