Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Super Contributor

Re: Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

I don't know what else do they want this thread has reached already 5 pages which clearly means that the problem is not isolated but is reaching every one
Trusted Contributor

When I spoke to TRA they asked me to call Du file a complaint and get TRA the complaint number.  TRA are our only help to make DU respect customer complaints and addresss it than just ignore and collect our money m

Frequent Contributor

What do you think guys will they waive the cancellation fees ? If they will not resolve my issue ?
Trusted Contributor

Do you guys think the stock router that Du give with no support off course is the culprit ? Did someone Install his own router and opened the xbox one ports and managed to play online ? I am going through a he process of changing this Nokia intel router they game me with zero support and going to try a better one and see.. it’s so fustrating that they don’t address our problem not even a single check on this forum so they can see how to help us they don’t care

Super Contributor

i think they fixed it, today i was hearing all players normally after 6 month of suffering, i think they fixed it.. please check everyone and let me know 

Trusted Contributor

It’s not fixed , servers are still disconnecting and can’t hear chat. Chat really not an issue but the fact that Du blocked the online gaming is very disappointing.  To share with you I reached out to Ubisoft to see if they can check with DU why is this happening I was told that DU blocked certain servers that’s why you will connect to some servers and disconnect from other servers. You will disconnect 15 times and connect one time. What it looks like they blocked things randomly without knowing what they doing and killed the onl8ne gaming. Itisalat have no issue and gamers on xbox can play but DU blocked us completely and I would like an official answer from someone at managerial level to address why they blocked online gaming servers based on what and how come Itisalat didn’t do that and respect their customers by letting them the most trivial and simplest thing to play online .on the phone Du customer care is robotic and clueless Everything is ok everything is ok stop all that unprofessional manner in addressing our complaints and fix it or at least tell us based on what right you blocked online gaming servers and online gaming chat if there is a law we would like to know it to follow it because I ch3cked with TRA and there is no law to ban online gaming please advice ? 

Occasional Contributor

Well said , DU you can actually see how many ppl are not happy .

Please address this before customers look for alternatives
Super Contributor

They didn't fix it at all for me. I tried like 4 different games
Frequent Contributor

It seems a little better. I played 7 matches of Rainbow Six Siege and only got disconnected from one. Still no voice chat though - people's voices were all garbled and cut in and out, and they couldn't understand me.

To me it's just beyond stupid that du is blocking voice chat in video games. I know that they want a total monopoly on all voice communication into and out of the country, but do they really think that some poor worker guy is going to join his family in a match of Fortnite once a week and have hour-long conversations there?

Trusted Contributor

They are trying to sell the idea when I spoke on the phone that I need to purchase static IP address and then configure my network which is not as easy as it sounds and charge me 10 aed a month... I remember one of the people I know did it and told me nothing changed. Any one from you guys tried that method ? Still no one from Du addressing us in this forum and that says a lot !