Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

New Contributor

Re: Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Their copy/paste response says that community.DU is a place for the community to chat amoungst ourselves.

I think we should start contacting customer.care@du.ae about this. I’ve already sent an email, and I plan on sending ALOT of emails, in the same manner they respond to us (copy/paste/send/repeat) Let’s start flooding their service center with requests and MAYBE they might DU something about it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Super Contributor

i gave up from them, i've been calling them for more then a month now no one is doing anything about it, so i say we just need to live with it until our contract finishes and all switch to etisalat, the only big mistake i did in my life was switching from etisalat to du, i cant wait for my du contract to finish to escape from this horrible experience! never again
Frequent Contributor

I switched to a static fixed IP (which disconnected me from the internet for two days before they sent a tech out to get me back connected, so watch out), and it seems to have fixed a few games, like Battlefield 1 on EA servers. But some other games, like Rainbow Six Siege on Ubisoft servers, are completely unplayable and you get disconnected from almost every match. I wouldn't mind just not having voice chat if that's really what the government wants (you can guess what I think about that), but why should it also be screwing us up and disconnecting us from games all the time. They have to fix this.

Super Contributor

i feel you bro, i didnt try playing different games yet, i tried player unknown battleground (PUBG) and fortnite both are working fine for me except that i cant hear ingame voice chat! its been like that for 5 month now cant communicate with other players at all .. i feel im playing alone and that is so boring!! for etisalat users its working totally fine with all games they are not having any issue with lag or with voice chats ingame .. we should cancel our contracts with DU .. they dont answer our complains at all! never they will i gave up
Occasional Visitor

I'm laughing my ass off reading this.

sincere

Etisalat user

Super Contributor

if you aren't a Du member then u should be laughing at us xD
Occasional Contributor

Yes! I  just starting playing this video game and for some reason the in game VOIP sounds very choppy and laggy. I tried calling for support but there is no answer to this fix, to be more specific the video game that Im playing has a in-game voice communication in which I cant talk with my friends.. and as mentioned above some of them has none of this problem. I tried other fixes like disabling the SIP and portforwarding

but It does allow me too... Please fix this issue! ASAP

Occasional Contributor

And I need to grind in fortnite so bad!
Super Contributor

then we should all go to Du main branch and start complaining .. the more complains the more effective it will be fpr them to understand! this is getting ridiculous.. we are paying them so they should fix it! everyone should go to du branch and show them this articale how everyone having same problem in games with Du
Frequent Contributor

The hilarious thing is that after they disabled Skype and Discord, they must have figured some people were just joining video game servers, sitting idle and not playing the game, and having conversations with their families back home. Who knows, maybe that happens. But talk about asinine. Fricking monopolies. We need some capitalism to come in and trounce these monopolies.