Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Du is blocking In-Game Voice Chat!

Trusted Contributor

@imedz1990hey buddy am not an IT guy so dont unedrstadn the trace  but from my side I also think we dont get the promised internet speeds , am supposed to get 30 but when I check its always 12 or 14 and when I complained they tell you on the phone this is normal you dont get 30 all the times only bursts ! say woaaat ?!!! They also bricked the internet so we get moderate nat . 

By the way guys look at this link 

http://www.du.ae/personal/at-home/offers/gaming-console-bundles

They promote xbox and gaming to sell to people and at the same time they block you from playing online ?smh..what are you selling it ?Instead of us playing online ?  everything was fine with the stupid high ping that we deal with which is another pain story becaus eof the internet you give us we wasting time on this forum to reach someone who can make things happen from DU because customer service on the phone ican not solve our propblem.

Frequent Contributor

Yea i know how you feel. Well i figured as part of their terms and conditions, the speed is always “up to” if you subscribed for 16/4 you always ge up to or if you’re lucky almost that.

Now the problem is not in the speed, it is in the high ping, traffic and packet loss.

Packet Loss has been affected because of the VOIP interruptions which is why we get disconnected fr servers in addition to the high ping. Thats something DU wont understand, the support team is even worse, they only know ABC. They have no idea what im talking about.

Its a shame how they these things without even considering any consequences and leave us all helpless.

Etisalat may be a good option, havent seen their customers complaining about this but their ping is as high as it is in Du because most international servers are far, there are almost none in the middle east.

Welcome to the future, quiet in reverse.
Trusted Contributor

@imedz1990thanks for sharing it helps us little understand why this is happening to us . ping and being far from the servers I also get that and its fustrating because we all suffer alot playing online with that is a disadvantage.

But now I feel more penalized by not even being able to connect properly online for no valid reasons for most of 2018.

As you rightfully said , its all in reverse right now for DU while everyone else is looking to the future. I hope one of teh DU manager is reading so he can do something about this its for the good of the company and its cutomers . 

Frequent Contributor

People have talked about taking this thread to TRA, but has anyone considered taking it to the media? I think it's newsworthy. Gulf News maybe?
Frequent Contributor

I dont think TRA would be much of help, considering this is a complicated issue and DU seem to be covering it up pretty well. They could tell you at anytime that if your internet is working fine at home (other internet usage) then gaming is not our problem. Technically, they got that part covered. Nothing specific in your contract about gaming or ping.

Media could be of a little help perhaps, i have no idea.
Trusted Contributor

If this is the case then Du need to mention in their contracts : 

" Dear customer please note we blocked internet online gaming and gaming chat so if you are expecting it to work it will not work and you will disconnect from servers because we blocked ports which will cause you get high ping and packet loss . The reason we did this because we have no idea about it and no one from the team can tell we honestly dont know.  Oh by the way we also promote xbox on our website and sell it but we dont know anything about it , we just focus on sell sell sell to make more happy customers "  pathetic  

Frequent Contributor

i feel pathetic about myself, asking for a service that should've not been blocked in the first place . I feel more pathetic about DU tecs, in fact imma start laughing loudly . man they can say "yes we blocked in game voice chat" so i can start a case against them in Consumer Rights for not delivering what they promot .
Trusted Contributor

By not responding and addressing our problem and fix things the way they were before Du actually is not paying attention to our rights which are clearly stated on TRA website. All we asked for is to fix the online gaming which they broke causing us not to be be able play anymore and have online issues not acceptable.  Why are they giving us moderate nat when it should be open ? Why ask for more money to open it ? Why block gaming ? Where is the rule that says gaming in UAE is banned ? Unprofessional practice by DU tech team it shows 5hey are clueless of what they are doing. 

https://www.tra.gov.ae/en/services-and-activities/consumer-affairs/details.aspx

Frequent Contributor

@ShadowQ@ They provided me one modem , one router, modem is Callix , and the router is Lynksis, I think problem is with modem , definitely  modem has some issues, plus the modem connected to some Etisalat modem on the wall , which probably causes more problems , anyone else has the same?