Du 4G doesn't allow Skype to online

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Du 4G doesn't allow Skype to online

I am trying to go online in Skype; however the account shows connecting status which never gets connected. But if access Etisalat network Skype goes online immediately. Please suggest why and am using iPhone 6
12 REPLIES
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Du 4G doesn't allow Skype to online

I am having the same issue and I question du for the same. They are giving some stupid reasons. They have said TRA said to block then why Etisalat sim not blocking? Why wifi from du and Etisalat not blocking?

TRA usually want to block only Voip not Skype instant messages.

Sorry to say that there is no solution than switching back to Etisalat or stay connected to vpns.

I was 7 to 8 yrs Etisalat customer and switched to du last month and then suffering now with these kind of silly issues.
Community Manager

Hi @spartacus and @Shihab12

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will make sure to deliver your complain to the concerned department and I will get back to you with soon.

Thank you for contacting us.

du Employee

Hi @Shihab12 

Would you please confirm are you trying to make call through the App and facing some issue? Thanks

du Employee

Hi @spartacus 

Would you please try to uninstall and install the application from your handset and reboot your Mobile and let us know if that didn't help?Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Please mark this concern as not resolved. I still have issues. Answer for things asked with me here

1. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app issue remain the same; however with the same app if I try accessing from Etisalat network it works just fine. This means that there is no issues with the application installed on my cell phone.

2. I tried sharing Internet through hotspot to my friends and they were having same issues as well were as am just sharing du Internet and they have their own device.

The above two points clearly states that it's the issue with du network who doesn't allow anyone to use Skype to Skype chat. If it is TRA then it should be applicable to all service provider as everyone has to follow same guide lines. If it's the set guide line from the govt then no further question; however if it's the guide line and every service provider has to follow then how Etisalat is not part of it.

Please suggest.. It's driving me crazy as I don't want to leave do as I have already started paying and I can't change my no or service provider.

I need solution please I don't want sympathy i need value for money.

Thanks in advance
Frequent Contributor

I did uninstall and reinstall still same we cannot log in.

Btw shouldn't need to uninstall because if I put Etisalat sim I can log in and if I am using wifi or hotspot I can use Skype. Which means problem only with du. Still like u said, I tried reinstalling and no luck
Super Contributor

Dear Spartacus,

As per UAE regulations, skype is Illegal in the UAE hence it woun't work with mobile data
Thanks
Occasional Contributor

If this is the regulation of UAE then how Etisalat is not blocking it. Isn't Etisalat suppose to follow the regulation of UAE
Occasional Visitor

I understand VOIP is blocked but we ar not able to make skype to skype video calls and messaging, 

you need to adress this