International roaming charges

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi i was charged of international roaming without me activating the DATA ROAMING in my phone settings while im in Philippines?? So how am i being charged????? Please could someone verify because this is so disgusting and unfair!! Aed 1 ++ per day accumulates a lot in a month. This is crazy service! Please can someone reply on this asap.
7 REPLIES

Re: International roaming charges

I had the same when I was in Egypt last month. Although I have had my cellular data on iphone switched off, they charged me 1000 AED for data roaming on several operators throughout the month for less than 50 MB!!! When I called the customer service, they told I have to switch off the Lte specifically and not only the cellular data!! I explained that by switching off cellular data all kinds of mobile internet connections were disabled, be it Lte, 3G or 4G!

There must be something wrong.

Hello @asalem44 , @mcjimenez

please note that these are data usage charges while no data roaming is active 

to avoide same charges Kindly switch off both mobile data service & roaming service from the Mobile Settings & change the Network Settings from LTE (4G) to 3G or 2G

Thanks 

Omar

Was this helpful?
Show your support and give kudos if you find my reply helpful or press on Solved if it answers your query.
Super Contributor

@mcjimenez

this only happen if your visited country and your device having 4G LTE service.you can search for the article it called "LTE Behaviour issue".there is a facility for all 4G supported cell's known as voLTE[voice over LTE].it uses DATA network to make or receive calls.however you are not using data but still you have to pay for this coz you network was in LTE mode for sure.so its requested to you,let you network mode in 3G/2G or 3G only rather than 4G/LTE. 4G LTE works with same policy worldwide.so just do it to prevent.i hope it will work. 

Trusted Contributor

That's interesting indeed.

I never think of that , but LTE is indeed pure data.

When i make a voice call, it indeed Switch from LTE to 3G or 2G , and Back to 4G LTE just after i finish.

Now i understand why , voice call do not transit thru 4G

There is also a fault on mobile phones, if Data is off then so should be voice over LTE. But indeed there is an option about Voice on LTE in my android menus but i never did think it would charge voice as data.

I learn something new today .

1000AED for 50mb , it does hurt. Somethings should be done about advising people about voice over LTE costs while in roaming.

Like my answer or my post : Hit Kudos button (-:

Carpe Diem.
Super Contributor

be practical,because the instrument  they use to provide service and you to receive the same is made like that.and the charge you are stating its included with visited country provider's fee. so its that much higher. and as we know that branded mobile company is samsung,apple.nokia.htc ect . same with the network as the instrument they use made of nokia,siemence,ZTE ect for LTE service..and the instrument is configured in that way. you can differentiate between those(voLTE/voice) type of call by their quality. all knows that there is a bug which needs to fix worlwide in that case.

Trusted Contributor

I totaly agree with what you wrote.

Nowdays that we are traveling more and more in outside our country of living , it is important to have roaming to keep contact but not at any cost.

I'am happy that in Europe with my European Operators i can travel all over European Union and even other places such as Australia, HK, USA, Canada etc... without care of the Roaming as it is Roaming like Home, unfortunaltely UAE is not in this list.

BTW , i see you are newbie here,  welcome to the community Krazzyboy , nice to see a member  who understand also about telecoms.

Best regards.

Like my answer or my post : Hit Kudos button (-:

Carpe Diem.
Tags (1)
Super Contributor

thank you