Ports blocked

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ports blocked

I am using an IoT device which is no longer working. DU has blocked the ports even when i tried to configure port forwarding. The device is the Ring Doorbell which is supported by Etisalat and was working until October on DU.

I need to get in touch with a DU technican who can enable the port and if its blocked provide me with an explanation. 

28 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Ports blocked

I am experiencing the same problem and after talking to Ring they confirmed it was a du blocking.
Occasional Contributor

Why du is blocking it and why are they not responding?

Ring is sold in the UAE and is not banned, it is a mistake and I need to get in touch with a technician who is blocking my ports. I also noticed a new firmware on my GPON router that has added more restrictions that have made everything worse.

Hello du???

Hello @mustafer

Would you share your concerned number along with print screen of the error in a private message so we can assist you better?

Thanks

Omar

Was this helpful?
Show your support and give kudos if you find my reply helpful or press on Solved if it answers your query.
New Contributor

Got the same issue. There is no screenshot to be shown. Ringbell is using SIP protocol which Du blocked because VOIP is also using it. But this is a door bell which is being sold in UAE legally.

New Contributor

We are facing the same problem, we installed ring doorbell pro to our customers and it used to work properly until 8/Jan/2018.
Suddenly the doorbell stopped working and we contacted Ring company and after doing troubleshooting, they informed us that our operators (Du Telecom) is blocking the port on the ring doorbell.
Please Du team, Contact us to resolve the issue. it's top urgent as our company (Fusion Smart Solutions) installed for so many clients in Dubai.
www.fusionsmartsolutions.com
New Contributor

Dear DU Support,

I am facing the same issue with Ring Doorbell, and it got installed by Fusion Smart Solutions, however the issue is that the port is blocked and we are not able to have the Doorbell functions as expected.

i am hereby adding my complaint to their complaint and requesting to have the Port Unblocked.

Please Assist,

Thanks.

Hello @BossRizk & @FusionSmartSolutions,

We have forwarded the same to our technical team and will try to update you as soon as we get a feedback regarding the same.

Thank you,

Mahmoud

Was this helpful?
Show your support and give kudos if you find my reply helpful or press on Solved if it answers your query.
New Contributor

Dear DU Support,

I have the same issue and just called DU technical support hotline and they were not able to assist me as they said they don't know what SIP Protocol is. 

I bought this device at Virgin, and although legally sold in UAE, it is blocked by DU (but not etisalat). If the issue persists I will cancel my contract with DU and move to Etisalat.

kind regards,

Przemek

Przemek

Hello @PrzemekOledzki,

Please provide us with the concerned account number along with, your full name, date of birth & more details about the issue in a private message so we can check and assist you better.

Thank you,

Mahmoud

Was this helpful?